Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pregnancy as a diet plan?

A few years ago, I got to go on an amazing cruise with my good friend's family. We've all heard the stories of people catching some weird illness on cruise ships. Well, I actually started my cruise with a stomach flu. Yep, I got ON the ship sick. So there I am, for the first few days, on this beautiful ship surrounded by fantastic food and booze! Even after I started to feel better, I couldn't eat anything but chicken & rice & potatoes. The upside was that I only gained 7 pounds during the cruise rather than the 10 pounds I would have gained if I'd been eating from day one. But man, I would have preferred the extra 3 pounds.

So, here I am, deja vu all over again. I'm eight weeks pregnant and I've lost 3 pounds. Yeah, I can't eat much of anything. I can look at something once and it looks good. I look again and I just want to hurl. Crackers seem to work well but they don't exactly provide a lot of nutrition. Oddly enough, potatoes, in any form, seem to go down ok. I like McDonald's hash browns in the morning and french fries in the afternoon. You'd think the grease would be a problem - but it's not. Cheese and milk are still ok. (What do you expect? I'm the granddaughter of a dairy farmer.) I've given up my morning mochas in exchange for Coke or ginger ale.

Now, I've found that I'm fine as long as I don't move. Given that, I have tried to get my cat to fetch me some crackers and a ginger ale. I mean, I've seen dogs do it and cats are smarter than dogs so............ She just looks at me and tells me to get up and let her outside or feed her. No help. Fortunately, I work from home so I don't have to even get dressed to do my job (I do though). So all in all, I have no right to complain. Still, I'm looking forward to the second trimester when I can eat more of the things I want and can indulge strange cravings.

2 comments:

  1. 0401影音視訊聊天室
    showlive影音視訊聊天網
    UT美女視訊聊天室
    momo520影音視訊聊天室
    momo520影音視訊美女主播聊天室
    ut視訊聊天室
    視訊聊天,影音視訊聊天室,視訊交友
    showlive視訊聊天網
    UT台灣辣妹視訊聊天室
    免費影音視訊聊聊天室
    同城e夜情交友網寂寞小富婆視頻聊天台灣uu真人視頻聊天室成人色情偷拍圖片視訊偷錄正點
    免費床友交友網百萬富婆交友俱樂部6699影音視訊聊天室AV淫狐成人三級影片ut視訊設定
    同城交友網只為性4758寂寞同城交友台灣uu裸聊視頻看兩性性愛亂倫的小說ut視訊聊天網址
    視頻吧聊天交友網虫族同城夜情交友網台灣uu視頻聊天室快播黃色電影網站ut視訊聊天是室
    國外在線視頻聊天真人在線裸聊網台灣uu真人裸聊視頻聊天室美女擼管圖片ut視訊美女聊天

    ReplyDelete