Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Perks of Pregnancy?

Well, I haven't started parking in the spots reserved for pregnant women & women with kids. But I have experienced the first "perk" of my current situation - although I'm not sure how thrilled I am about it. A week or so ago, I got a Swine Flu vaccine. If it weren't for my pregers status, I would not be eligible. My doctor insisted that I get it. I was reluctant. I mean, can we really be sure that it won't do more harm than good? How much do I trust the CDC when they tell me that it is safe for pregnant women?

I haven't had a reaction to it - except for a really sore arm (for a couple of days). Hopefully it works and I'll be able to walk amongst the infected without contracting it. But mark my words, if my kid is born with a snout and a curly tail, I'm suing.


Tomorrow: my attempts to teach my cat to go get me some ginger ale.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do miss stork parking! I always got a total kick out of that when I was pregnant! I was actually at Babies R Us just last night and thought of you (as I walked for miles and miles from the parking area for those not currently incubating).

    ReplyDelete