Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Free to a good home?

Thanks for all the good thoughts!!!!!!
I found out today that I have 4 follicles. 4, four, quatre, quatro, I wish I knew 4 in a few more languages, Holycrapfortheloveofpete 4! That is 4 little bubbles - each holding one egg that, if fertilized, could become a kid!!!!! That's like having a litter of puppies!!!!! So, I'm lining up folks who want an extra kid! Any takers?

Kidding aside, they need a couple extra days to get big and fat before they'll subject them to the onslaught of swimmers. So, I go back on Thursday for another ultra-sound and the plan is to thaw out DD (daddy donor) on Saturday. Actually, I've named him Finn. More on him tomorrow.

I am trying to reassure myself that a couple of the follicles still won't be big enough to be viable by Saturday. Still, 2 should be of the appropriate size. Also, the ultrasound technician assured me that the chances of twins is only about 5%. Come on 95%!!!!!! PLEASE 95%!!!!!!!!

Speaking of the lab technician, would any of you find it strange if someone was doing an internal ultrasound on you and they said, "I can't find your right ovary."? I felt like saying, "Well if you can't find it, I'm sure I don't know what happened to it. I don't think I left it anywhere." It just struck me as odd. Anyway, my left one seems to be doing most of the work. I'm hoping that is a sign that I'm going to have lefty-liberals for kids. Dad says he doesn't believe there is a correlation. But I'm a believer in nature over nurture in many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment