Tuesday, April 21, 2009

If this blog was a baby

DSS would have been called and I'd be arrested for neglect. Fortunately, blogs don't need constant care in order to survive. But these past few weeks have brought up a valid concern for me.


Week 1 - I was in withdrawal from a medication. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin and my hands and feet weren't connected to my body. I didn't do much but work and watch TV.

Week 2 (&3) - I had a head cold. Again, I didn't feel like doing much of anything but work and watch TV. I did manage throughout these weeks to give my diabetic cat her insulin shots, so that's gotta count for something.

I try to imagine having to care for an infant during the past two weeks. It seems daunting. Mind you, I know that I could do it. I wasn't that sick and I can usually do what needs to be done. But it seems daunting none-the-less. The thing that keeps me moving forward in my baby-quest is the knowledge of how I got the cold.

You see, I caught this cold from my beautiful, sneezy, smart, germy, adorable, awake-coughing-in-the-middle-of-the-night, brilliant, and amazing nieces. And I knew I was going to get sick. I knew it when I snuggled with them. I knew it when I accepted their kisses. I knew it when I put my chap stick on their little chapped lips. I knew it and I didn't care. Because what else is better than snuggles and kisses from the most beautiful little germ factories I have ever known.

And so I ask myself, "Was it worth it?" The answer is YES!!!!!!
And will it be worth it with my own little germ factory? I can only imagine the answer is: A million times YESSS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment