Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dr.'s Advice?

I went to my GP the other day. I wanted to see about getting off of a medication before I started trying to get pregnant. Of course, this sparked an interesting conversation and I realized that although I have been thinking about single motherhood for years, it is still a foreign concept to most. He asked me if I had been trying. I said "no". He asked me if I had been passively trying. I said "no". He then asked me if i knew that I would have to try in order to make it happen. I informed him that I wasn't going to do this the old fashioned way. I've decided to start carrying a camera around to capture the facial expressions as they think through what I'm telling them.

I was relieved to discover that he was supportive of my plans and even had some suggestions for me. He was shocked to hear how much sperm costs and was certain that I could find cheaper swimmers if I got creative. I'm sure that this was all somewhat tongue-in-cheek but he thought the local bar would be a good place to start. Since I wasn't too keen on that idea, he suggested I post an ad. Now, how would that ad look?

WANTED:
Sperm
Fast swimming and potent
Preferably with DNA to create above average IQ
Attractive Packaging a Plus
**********************************
Somehow, I don't see it happening. But it brings up a couple of interesting topics. Just how much does sperm cost? And how does one choose sperm? Those topics are coming up!

1 comment: